As the effects of the global pandemic dominate our lives in a constantly evolving way, we are now launching a new section of our website entirely dedicated to the Covid situation and regulation in Italy and the UK. The section (Covid minisite) will include latest news, and reliable, updated information on the current situation, with particular attention to the rules for travelling in and out of the two countries.
In order to manage this new exciting project, we are looking for a young, motivated, talented author and digital content manager who wishes to develop his/her skills and contribute to the growth of a dynamic and successful company.
Your main responsibilities include;
- Managing content for the entire Covid mini-site, including graphs, tables, links and more
- Writing detailed content for single pages describing Covid situation, rules and requirements, ensuring those pages are clear, 100% reliable, interlinked and constantly updated.
- Take ownership of the Covid topic within our team, answering questions from colleagues and readers, and becoming a true expert on the subject
- Work in coordination with the editorial team to ensure that our news articles on Covid topics are aligned and interlinked with the information in the Covid mini-site
Other responsibilities include:
- Writing articles for our website on both Covid and (occasionally) non-Covid topics
- Acting as liason person with the institutions, other press and private organisation on Covid-related topics
- Working with IT to setup the Covid mini-site, populate it and improve it over time
This is a part-time job and the remuneration reflects that. In the first few weeks, as the mini-site is created and populated, the job is expected to take a certain amount of time. Once the majority of content is online, the job will be more about keeping the content updated, and should take less time, possibly no more than 1-2 hours a day.
Note: this job is also suitable as an Internship role, for a young professional or a university student willing to learn on the job and build up their CV (in which case the below requirements can be relaxed)
- Proven experience in writing for the web and mobile, respecting SEO requirements
- Experience in using Word Press publishing tool
- Understanding of Covid’s current situation and regulation, with a desire to become a leading expert on the subject
- Ability to work and communicate both in Italian and English
- Advanced proficiency on MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Willingness to learn and adjust to the necessity of a small-scale, entrepreneurial operation
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience with HTML and editor tools such as Elementor or Visual Composer
- Working knowledge of newsletter tools such as Mailchimp or Sendinblue
If you are interested please send your CV to Francesco Ragni at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which position interests you and explaining why you think you could do well in the role.
Founded in 2014, Londra Italia is the leading Italian-language news website in the United Kingdom, with more than 50,000 unique readers per month. We publish relevant news and information for the Italian community in London/UK (around 700,000 people) and for those in Italy interested in what happens here. Our business is based on selling to companies advertising spaces on our website and sponsored editorial content.